Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sumit Pandit <ss...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/06 07:58:03 UTC

Getting problem in &

Hello All,

Look at this code :-

controller entry :-
    <request-map uri="showFixedAssetDepreciation">
        <security https="true" auth="true"/>
        <event type="simple" invoke="calculateFixedAssetDepreciation"
path="org/ofbiz/accounting/fixedasset/FixedAssetServices.xml"/>
        <response name="success" type="view"
value="ShowFixedAssetDepreciation"/>
        <response name="depreciationMtdNotAvail" type="request"
value="depreciationMethodAssignment"/>
        <response name="error" type="view"
value="ShowFixedAssetDepreciation"/>
    </request-map>

For such responce i use following code in simple method :-
    <add-error><fail-property resource="AccountingUiLabels"
property="AccountingReqDepMtdAssignment"/></add-error>
     <check-errors error-code="depreciationMtdNotAvail"/>

After execution of these lines the code is returned successfully and request
"depreciationMethodAssignment" is called properly but the error message
which I added is not being displayed.  But if I simply use <check-errors/>
than the added error is displayed properly.

Can some one suggest me that if i missed something.

Thanks for suggestion.

--
Sumit Pandit

Re: Getting problem in &

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Feb 5, 2008, at 11:58 PM, Sumit Pandit wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Look at this code :-
>
> controller entry :-
>    <request-map uri="showFixedAssetDepreciation">
>        <security https="true" auth="true"/>
>        <event type="simple" invoke="calculateFixedAssetDepreciation"
> path="org/ofbiz/accounting/fixedasset/FixedAssetServices.xml"/>
>        <response name="success" type="view"
> value="ShowFixedAssetDepreciation"/>
>        <response name="depreciationMtdNotAvail" type="request"
> value="depreciationMethodAssignment"/>
>        <response name="error" type="view"
> value="ShowFixedAssetDepreciation"/>
>    </request-map>
>
> For such responce i use following code in simple method :-
>    <add-error><fail-property resource="AccountingUiLabels"
> property="AccountingReqDepMtdAssignment"/></add-error>
>     <check-errors error-code="depreciationMtdNotAvail"/>
>
> After execution of these lines the code is returned successfully and
> request
> "depreciationMethodAssignment" is called properly but the error
> message
> which I added is not being displayed.  But if I simply use <check-
> errors/>
> than the added error is displayed properly.
>
> Can some one suggest me that if i missed something.
>
> Thanks for suggestion.

Does the depreciationMethodAssignment request have an event associated
with it? If so that could be interfering with the error message. In
other words, the depreciationMtdNotAvail response goes to a request
where the error response goes to a view, and those could do very
different things.

-David