Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Florian Hopf <ma...@florian-hopf.de> on 2013/05/12 16:17:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating(RC5)

Hi all,

RC 5 of the ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating is ready for release. This
release candidate addresses missing licenses and the disclaimer that
have been identified during the last IPMC vote.

We had a successful vote in the PPMC. The PPMC vote result is here:
http://markmail.org/message/sidhwor2de6haogx?q=list:org.apache.incubator.odf-dev

We need three more IPMC votes to pass.

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache ODF Toolkit
(incubating) version 0.6.

http://people.apache.org/~fhopf/odftoolkit-release/0.6-incubating-rc5/

The release artifacts are build from this tag in SVN:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/tags/0.6-incubating-rc5/

The change notes for 0.6-incubating can be found at here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/tags/0.6-incubating-rc5/CHANGES.txt

The vote is open for 72 hours, or until we get the needed number of
votes (3 +1).

   [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating

To learn more about Apache ODF Toolkit, please visit
http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/.

Regards
Florian

--
Florian Hopf
Freelance Software Developer

http://blog.florian-hopf.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating(RC5)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM, Florian Hopf
<ma...@florian-hopf.de> wrote:
> ...unfortunately we didn't get any votes on this. It would be great if three
> IPMC members could have a look at the release....

What about your mentors?

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating(RC5)

Posted by Florian Hopf <ma...@florian-hopf.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Tue, May 21, 2013, at 12:56 AM, Florian Hopf wrote:
> Thanks, so far I got the impression that the most important place to put
> my key is at https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/
> I am not sure yet how to upload files to the dist folder but I'll figure
> that out.

You should have SVN access there. If you're still having trouble, let us
know.

> As those changes don't require any changes to the source tree I think we
> don't need to vote on the dev-list again but only on the incubator list?

Not sure there's a hard and fast rule there. I would probably re-start
the vote, but that's me. I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating(RC5)

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Florian Hopf
<ma...@florian-hopf.de> wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> thanks for your feedback. This is my first release and only the second
> release of the Odftoolkit so I am glad to get some guidance on things we
> missed so far.
>

> On 18.05.2013 20:41, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, May 12, 2013, at 09:17 AM, Florian Hopf wrote:
>>>
>>> RC 5 of the ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating is ready for release. This
>>> release candidate addresses missing licenses and the disclaimer that
>>> have been identified during the last IPMC vote.
>>

>> Which of the artifacts are we meant to be voting on? We have three
>> source choices (tar.bz2, tar.gz, zip) - and ideally we'd be testing
>> *all* of these to verify that they're the same. Why not distribute just
>> one tarball?
>>
>> I'm OK with convenience binaries, but I really don't think it's a good
>> idea to put them in the same directory as the source artifacts you want
>> voted on.
>

> Ok, I will put the binaries separately and only add the source zip.

I wonder if it would be good to publish just three files:  one each of
source, doc and binaries?  Just do them all as .zip (which is
available on all platforms).  It would make release verification a
little easier.

>> Also, I can't +1 this because the signature of the distributed artifact
>> does not match the KEYS file in your dist directory.
>>
>> Your dist directory has this KEYS file:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/odftoolkit/KEYS
>>
>> Which only has Devin Han's key. You're distributing a KEYS file with
>> your own key, but obviously we're not going to trust a KEYS file that is
>> distributed with the source tarball itself.
>>
>> You need to upload your new KEYS file and point to it in your email
>> asking for votes. Could you please re-roll this and start a new VOTE?
>

> Thanks, so far I got the impression that the most important place to put my
> key is at https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/
> I am not sure yet how to upload files to the dist folder but I'll figure
> that out.
>
> As those changes don't require any changes to the source tree I think we
> don't need to vote on the dev-list again but only on the incubator list?

Maybe have the votes in parallel, at the same time?

-Rob

Posted by Florian Hopf <ma...@florian-hopf.de>.
Hi Joe,

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
Hi Florian,

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating(RC5)

Posted by Florian Hopf <fh...@apache.org>.
This vote has already been cancelled.