Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srinadh Karumuri <sk...@bbn.com> on 2005/05/13 16:18:38 UTC

RE: problem integrating the client in another web application: AxisServlet threw exception

Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

I just started calling the web service in the .jsp file.
Here is my client code from .jsp file:

<%
String endpoint =
"http://localhost:8080/bserv/services/EmployeeDataService";

String[] args = {"getEmployeeLateTSDataArray", "22624", "8524"};
String method = args[0];
String arg1 = args[1];;
String arg2 = args[2];;
Service service = new Service();
Call call = null;
QName qname = null;
Class cls = null;

qname = new QName("EmployeeLateTSArray", "EmployeeLateTSBean");
TypeMappingRegistry tmr = service.getTypeMappingRegistry();
TypeMapping tmlts = tmr.createTypeMapping();
try {
   tmlts.register(
     Class.forName("com.bbn.ws.EmployeeLateTSBean"),
     qname,
     new
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory(EmployeeLateTSBean.class,qname),
     new
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory(EmployeeLateTSBean.class,qname));
   } catch (ClassNotFoundException e1) {
     e1.printStackTrace();
   }
tmr.register("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/", tmlts);

qname = new QName("EmployeeLateTSArray", "EmployeeLateTSBeanArray");
call = (Call) service.createCall();
call.setReturnType (qname);
try {
   call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new java.net.URL(endpoint));
} catch (MalformedURLException e2) {
   e2.printStackTrace();
}
call.setOperationName(method);
call.addParameter("admnum", XMLType.XSD_INTEGER, ParameterMode.IN);
call.addParameter("mgrnum", XMLType.XSD_INTEGER, ParameterMode.IN);
call.setReturnType(qname);
System.out.println("Called method: " + method + "(" + arg1 + "," + arg2 + ")");
EmployeeLateTSBean e[] = (EmployeeLateTSBean[])call.invoke(new Object[] {
new Integer(arg1), new Integer(arg2) });
%>
<%= e[0].toString(); %>

I will look into using HttpClient as you suggested.

Thanks again,
Sri

Posted by Srinadh Karumuri <sk...@bbn.com>.
Don,

Thanks for the sample code. I am stranger to NetBeans so... :(

BTW, I tried my client code in the Servlet(.java) and it's working. I will
try forwarding from .java to .jsp. Hopefully it will work on time for my
deadline next week.
:)

-Sri

Posted by Don Albertson <do...@gmail.com>.