Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/31 22:28:50 UTC

[QUESTION] In the DataExchangeMode.BATCH how does the consumer being notified to start consumer the data?

HI Flinksters,

Have one quick question, hopefully someone could help me get some answers:

When is the DataExchangeMode.BATCH is actually being used, and how
does the consumer know when to start consuming the buffer

In the pipelined mode, the producer tell JobManager via JobManager !
ScheduleOrUpdateConsumers to create network connection. But I could
not find trigger for blocking/ batch mode of execution.

- Henry

Re: [QUESTION] In the DataExchangeMode.BATCH how does the consumer being notified to start consumer the data?

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Ah cool. Thanks for the explanation, Ufuk.
Really helpful.

- Henry

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Hey Henry,