Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> on 2006/11/22 01:33:26 UTC

Avoid creation of webapp directory

Hi.

Is it possible to make Forrest not create the webapp directory when
doing a 'forrest site'?  It seems to make an 8MB WEB-INF/debug.log file
in there, which I don’t want.

Is there also a way to make Forrest remove its tmp directory when it
finishes?

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/

Re: Avoid creation of webapp directory

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Cameron McCormack wrote:
> David Crossley:
> > Use the provided logkit.conf ...
> > http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html and "Find in page" for "log".
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  I copied Forrest???s logkit.xconf into my conf
> directory, and changed
>
>   <category name="debug" log-level="DEBUG">
>     <log-target id-ref="debug"/>
>   </category>
>
> into
>
>   <category name="debug" log-level="FATAL_ERROR">
>     <log-target id-ref="debug"/>
>   </category>
>
> to see if that would eliminate the ouptut in the debug.log file, but it
> still produced mountains of info in debug.log.

Ah i remember now ...
"logkit.xconf has no effect on configuration when in commandline mode"

Try using the central main/webapp/WEB-INF/logkit.xconf

> In fact what I really would like is if I could turn off these log files
> altogether???information printed on the console should be enough.  I tried
> things like removing all of the log-target elements from the file, and
> removing all of the factory, cocoon and category elements from the file,
> but the same log files get generated.  Is it somehow inheriting default
> log settings from Forrest???s installation?  Do I need to do something in
> my cli.xconf file?

No, don't need to tweak cli.xconf for logging.

-David

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
David Crossley:

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Thorsten Scherler:
> This dir is needed for internal processing.

Ok.

> >  It seems to make an 8MB WEB-INF/debug.log file
> > in there, which I don’t want.
>
> Well the logs can be configured by your forrest.properties
>
> # Set logging level for messages printed to the console
> # (DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, FATAL_ERROR)
> project.debuglevel=ERROR

That seems to just affect what gets printed to the console, not in that
file?

> > Is there also a way to make Forrest remove its tmp directory when it
> > finishes?
>
> you can do:
> forrest site;forrest clean
> or you can write your own ant target to do it.

I will do that.

Thanks,

Cameron

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 10:33 +1000, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to make Forrest not create the webapp directory when
> doing a 'forrest site'?

This dir is needed for internal processing.

>  It seems to make an 8MB WEB-INF/debug.log file
> in there, which I don’t want.

Well the logs can be configured by your forrest.properties

# Set logging level for messages printed to the console
# (DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, FATAL_ERROR)
project.debuglevel=ERROR

> Is there also a way to make Forrest remove its tmp directory when it
> finishes?

you can do:
forrest site;forrest clean
or you can write your own ant target to do it.

salu2