Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Scott McFadden <SM...@criticaltech.com> on 2009/05/31 16:14:36 UTC

XPath Extractor / reference scoping question

I have a jmeter (2.3.3) web app test plan for my wsfederation enabled STS / Relying Party web apps.   I have a HTTP request that does the HTTP POST
for the initial user login.  It works well.  After this POST, I added a XPath post processor to extract the wsfederation response elements (WA/WRESULT).  I store these results in two variables / references:  "wa" and "wresult".   On the next Http Request, I do a post to the Relying Party containing these values to establish
a session with the relying party.    My question is what is the scope of these variables in the context of the thread group?  Are they global to the thread group.  I really don't care for them to be global to the thread group as I want each thread to have its own wsfederation / wresult value.   How do you store post processor results so they are scoped to the thread and not the thread group?

Thanks!

Re: XPath Extractor / reference scoping question

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31/05/2009, Scott McFadden <SM...@criticaltech.com> wrote:
> I have a jmeter (2.3.3) web app test plan for my wsfederation enabled STS / Relying Party web apps.   I have a HTTP request that does the HTTP POST
>  for the initial user login.  It works well.  After this POST, I added a XPath post processor to extract the wsfederation response elements (WA/WRESULT).  I store these results in two variables / references:  "wa" and "wresult".   On the next Http Request, I do a post to the Relying Party containing these values to establish
>  a session with the relying party.    My question is what is the scope of these variables in the context of the thread group?  Are they global to the thread group.  I really don't care for them to be global to the thread group as I want each thread to have its own wsfederation / wresult value.   How do you store post processor results so they are scoped to the thread and not the thread group?

JMeter Variables are always local to the thread.