Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sidart Kurias <si...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/27 07:27:57 UTC

[m2] Relationship between reporting tag and build tag

All,
Form my reporting tag I try to send the report outputs
to a directory called reports....
In my build tag I have setup a <directory> tag with
the value target as shown below....

When I run a site:site the outputs from the reports
seems to go to the 'target' directory. Is that the
desired behaviour.

Sid

<build>

<sourceDirectory>checkout/src/java</sourceDirectory>

<testSourceDirectory>checkout/src/test</testSourceDirectory>
      <directory>target</directory>

<outputDirectory>target/classes</outputDirectory>

<testOutputDirectory>target/test</testOutputDirectory>
      <finalName>testClient</finalName>
    </build>

I have the following set up in my pom.xml for
reporting....

<reporting>
        <outputDirectory>reports</outputDirectory>
         <plugins>
           <plugin>

               <version>2.0-alpha-1</version>
           </plugin>
           <plugin>

            <version>2.0-alpha-1</version>
            <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
             </plugin>
            <plugin>

               <version>2.0-alpha-1</version>

<artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
             </plugin>
         </plugins>
</reporting>

Re: [m2] Relationship between reporting tag and build tag

Posted by Sidart Kurias <si...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks again....

> This is a bug. outputDirectory is never used. Please
> file it in JIRA.

Will do

> (BTW, I am in Australia, so it is only mid-afternoon
> :)

Then I do have one more question coming :-).

Sid

Re: [m2] Relationship between reporting tag and build tag

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
This is a bug. outputDirectory is never used. Please file it in JIRA.

(BTW, I am in Australia, so it is only mid-afternoon :)

- Brett