Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Kastenholz <da...@in.tum.de> on 2006/06/22 11:46:46 UTC

Type validation at runtime (was: Re: Community Issues, Eclipse Import, etc.)

Hi everyone,

@Robert: thanks a lot for your friendly and immediate response, I had
almost given up hope!

It took a couple of hours for my message to be sent over the mailing
list, and in the meantime I have found a solution for the original
problem (JAXB fail-fast / runtime type validation).

(I am now injecting custom handler code using Ant's regular expression
matching task right after the XJC tasks. Certainly this is neither a
generic approach nor beautiful, actually somewhat risky in case the XJC
output pattern changes, but for now, it does the job.

Nevertheless, I thought somebody else might also find this idea helpful
-- so here it is, for your archives.. ;-) )

Thanks again.

Daniel