Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Canos <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/18 11:20:32 UTC

[Struts 2] Many-to-many form-interface

I want to build a generic form-interface to cover a simple many-to-many
relation.
Like a Writer and Books relation where a Writer could write some books and a
book could be written by some writers.

I was thinking in a concrete Struts tag but I find nothing.

Could you show me how to solve this issue in a generic way?

Thanks in advance.

David CanĂ³s

Re: [Struts 2] Many-to-many form-interface

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
A multiple select seems to be the 'simplest thing that could possibly
work' for this, but there are other options. For example, something like
s:optiontransferselect [1] gives a slightly fancier way of providing the
same thing. Another alternative would be to have an Ajax-y 'combo box'
to select the first author/book, and an 'add another' button, or a
select/combo that onchange added the selection to a separate list and
reset, or...

Again, without knowing why you don't like the multi-select solution,
it's all a little vague and hand-wavy.

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.1/docs/optiontransferselect.html

Posted by David Canos <da...@gmail.com>.