Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by gonzalomp87 <go...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/09 05:12:15 UTC

Import/export in tapestry

Hi

I used the fileupload component to upload files to my web server. Now,  I'm
trying to make the option of exporting these files. (Copied from the server
to my local machine)

Now the exported file directory is fixed and known by me, I want to select
the destination directory.

No way to do it?

Re: Import/export in tapestry

Posted by gonzalomp87 <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I was busy these days and I resume today with the application.

I try doing what you told me but there are two problems:

1. Do not let me select the directory where I want download, just ask if I
want cancel or save  and  automatically download in the download folder.

2. Do not know how you can compress files in real time. Because then, where
point my link  ??

Re: Import/export in tapestry

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
What I mean is that if you need to download multiple files at the same
time, when the user clicks the "Download" button or link, you can create a
zip file containing the files they need and send the zip file back to the
user.

Cheers,

Alex K

Posted by gonzalomp87 <go...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
No way to do it from Tapestry (or any other web app for that matter) -
where the file will be stored on your client machine when you click on a
link to download it is a browser feature. If you have multiple files that