Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2003/07/11 14:57:53 UTC

[ANN] POI 2.0-pre2 release

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The POI Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of the Jakarta
POI 2.0-pre2 release.  This is the second milestone on the way to releasing
the 2.0 production release.

WHAT IS POI?

The POI project consists of APIs for manipulating various file formats
based upon Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format using pure Java. In
short, you can read and write MS Excel files using Java.  Reading property
information is also supported.  Work continues on reading and writing the
MS Word format.

CHANGE LOG:

The change log for this release is as follows:

[fix] A nasty concurrency problem has been fixed.  Any users working in a
multi-threaded environment should seriously think about upgrading to this
release.
[update] The EXTSST record has been implemented. This record is used by
excel for optimized reading of strings.
[update] When rows are shifted, the merged regions now move with them. If a
row contains 2 merged cells, the resulting shifted row should have those
cells merged as well.
[fix] There were some issues when removing merged regions (specifically,
removing all of them and then adding some more) and have been resolved.
[fix] When a sheet contained shared formulas (when a formula is dragged
across greater than 6 cells), the clone would fail. We now support cloning
of sheets that contain this Excel optimization.
[add] Support added for reading formulas with UnaryPlus and UnaryMinus
operators.

DOWNLOADS (source and binaries):

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-poi/dev

Regards,

The Jakarta POI Team.

Re: [ANN] POI 2.0-pre2 release

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
We should post these on the poi news page....I won't be able to do it until
Saturday...if anyone else can do so before then please do.

Anyone having problems with large file generation should try this now and
report problems.

On 7/11/03 8:57 AM, "Glen Stampoultzis" <gs...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> ANNOUNCEMENT:
>
> The POI Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of the Jakarta
> POI 2.0-pre2 release.  This is the second milestone on the way to releasing
> the 2.0 production release.
>
> WHAT IS POI?
>
> The POI project consists of APIs for manipulating various file formats
> based upon Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format using pure Java. In
> short, you can read and write MS Excel files using Java.  Reading property
> information is also supported.  Work continues on reading and writing the
> MS Word format.
>
> CHANGE LOG:
>
> The change log for this release is as follows:
>
> [fix] A nasty concurrency problem has been fixed.  Any users working in a
> multi-threaded environment should seriously think about upgrading to this
> release.
> [update] The EXTSST record has been implemented. This record is used by
> excel for optimized reading of strings.
> [update] When rows are shifted, the merged regions now move with them. If a
> row contains 2 merged cells, the resulting shifted row should have those
> cells merged as well.
> [fix] There were some issues when removing merged regions (specifically,
> removing all of them and then adding some more) and have been resolved.
> [fix] When a sheet contained shared formulas (when a formula is dragged
> across greater than 6 cells), the clone would fail. We now support cloning
> of sheets that contain this Excel optimization.
> [add] Support added for reading formulas with UnaryPlus and UnaryMinus
> operators.
>

> DOWNLOADS (source and binaries):
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-poi/dev
>

> Regards,
>
> The Jakarta POI Team.

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: [ANN] POI 2.0-pre2 release

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
We should post these on the poi news page....I won't be able to do it until
Saturday...if anyone else can do so before then please do.

Anyone having problems with large file generation should try this now and
report problems.

On 7/11/03 8:57 AM, "Glen Stampoultzis" <gs...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> ANNOUNCEMENT:
>
> The POI Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of the Jakarta
> POI 2.0-pre2 release.  This is the second milestone on the way to releasing
> the 2.0 production release.
>
> WHAT IS POI?
>
> The POI project consists of APIs for manipulating various file formats
> based upon Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format using pure Java. In
> short, you can read and write MS Excel files using Java.  Reading property
> information is also supported.  Work continues on reading and writing the
> MS Word format.
>
> CHANGE LOG:
>
> The change log for this release is as follows:
>
> [fix] A nasty concurrency problem has been fixed.  Any users working in a
> multi-threaded environment should seriously think about upgrading to this
> release.
> [update] The EXTSST record has been implemented. This record is used by
> excel for optimized reading of strings.
> [update] When rows are shifted, the merged regions now move with them. If a
> row contains 2 merged cells, the resulting shifted row should have those
> cells merged as well.
> [fix] There were some issues when removing merged regions (specifically,
> removing all of them and then adding some more) and have been resolved.
> [fix] When a sheet contained shared formulas (when a formula is dragged
> across greater than 6 cells), the clone would fail. We now support cloning
> of sheets that contain this Excel optimization.
> [add] Support added for reading formulas with UnaryPlus and UnaryMinus
> operators.
>

> DOWNLOADS (source and binaries):
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-poi/dev
>

> Regards,