Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/03 22:49:56 UTC

the fs/nffs

Hello,
I downloaded the the newt binary and placed it inside my lerva directory.
Now I have created my_app .
also ran the command
$ ./newt pkg search fs
and got the following output.

Installed package project/ffs2native@<nil>
Installed package fs/nffs@0.8.0
Installed package fs/fs@<nil>

I now  proceed to run the following command
    $ ./newt pkg install fs/nffs
 and instead of getting the installation of the fs/nffs I get and
error saying the packages were not found.
please where am I going wrong??

Re: the fs/nffs

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.
Hi Nges,

On 3/3/16 1:49 PM, Nges B wrote:
> Hello,
> I downloaded the the newt binary and placed it inside my lerva directory.
> Now I have created my_app .
> also ran the command
> $ ./newt pkg search fs
> and got the following output.
>
> Installed package project/ffs2native@<nil>
> Installed package fs/nffs@0.8.0
> Installed package fs/fs@<nil>
>
> I now  proceed to run the following command
>      $ ./newt pkg install fs/nffs

In which directory did you run newt package install?  You would need to
run it in the my_app directory in order to have it work.

When you do that, remember to make sure to add larva as a remote package
list for the installation:

$ cd my_app
$ newt app add-pkg-list larva
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-larva
Downloading pkg-list.yml from
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-larva/master... ok!
Verifying pkg-list.yml format...
  ok!
Package list larva successfully installed to application.
$
$ newt pkg search fs
Package list larva has package project/ffs2native@0.0.0
Package list larva has package fs/nffs@0.8.0
Package list larva has package fs/fs@0.0.0

Then you can use newt package install.  You'll also want to install the
fs/fs package, which provides an abstraction of filesystem access
routines for nffs, which is a specific implementation of the file system.

Cheers,
Sterling