Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2012/01/04 18:43:08 UTC

Re: Initial WS-Federation support commited to sandbox

Hi Oli,

Is there a reason why the IDP STS (and the IDP) deploys to Tomcat on
port 9080 instead of 8080? It uses 8080 for the commented out plugin.

> What do you think about this?

It's pretty cool from a security POV. Do you have any plans to look at
supporting the Federation Metadata document? How about sign-out?

Is there much work involved in support the full scenario of having
both resource and requestor STS instances?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

AW: Initial WS-Federation support commited to sandbox

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi Colm

In my testing set up, the web application is deployed into a tomcat instance with port 8080 and the central idp component is deployed into a separated tomcat instance with port 9080. Usually, you have one idp component used by several applications which was the reason to separate that already in the test setup.

I've planned to implement to federation metadata document part in january as it will also ease the integration with Microsoft .NET / Visual Studio also.

After the federation metadata document is implemented I planned to extend the STS and IDP to support requestor and resource STS/IDP. Well, you could also support a chain of IDP instances which is completely transparent to the browser and web application.

Sign-out is not yet in scope. The reason is whether it is really needed that when you sign out in one web application, you should sign out to all other web applications as well.

Thanks
Oli

------

Oliver Wulff