Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/09/10 15:02:07 UTC

bug report (fwd)

not acked

----- Forwarded message from Jean-Luc Rochat -----

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:47:32 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Jean-Luc Rochat <jl...@sat.sligos.fr>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Subject: bug report

Hi,

my problem :

on a Sparc Netra i600, I have 3 IP addrs on a single Eth. card.
I used to have 3 <VirtualHost> in my httpd.conf.

After Installing V1.1.1, upgrading from 1.0.5, I found
it didn't work as I wanted.

Some of the VirtualHosts are not recognized, so httpd tries to
acces DOCUMENT_LOCATION, which doesn't exists, and core dumps.

I found that the order of   <VirtualHost> in httpd.conf was
causing the trouble . ???
It now works as I changed the order of  <VirtualHost> declarations
in this file.

You can access all my config files and server logs (online) and
look at the bug effects in logs at :

http://galilee.sat.sligos.fr/bugreport.html

Could you send me back an email as soon as you have seen it ?
I'll stop these services in my firewall.

thank you;

----- End of forwarded message from Jean-Luc Rochat -----

Re: bug report (fwd)

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@ukweb.com>.
From: Jean-Luc Rochat <jl...@sat.sligos.fr>
> on a Sparc Netra i600, I have 3 IP addrs on a single Eth. card.
> I used to have 3 <VirtualHost> in my httpd.conf.
>
> After Installing V1.1.1, upgrading from 1.0.5, I found
> it didn't work as I wanted.
>
> Some of the VirtualHosts are not recognized, so httpd tries to
> acces DOCUMENT_LOCATION, which doesn't exists, and core dumps.
>
> I found that the order of   <VirtualHost> in httpd.conf was
> causing the trouble . ???
> It now works as I changed the order of  <VirtualHost> declarations
> in this file.

Yes, it looks like a problem here. I've tried your config files (changed
to use my server's virtual IP addresses) and cannot reproduce this on
IRIX, so I would guess this is due to an OS-specific effect or Apache bug
which only shows itself on Solaris. I've see a similar report of a Vhost
being ignored on Solaris 2.4 despite an apparently correct configuration.

What operating system and version are you using? Presumably Solaris 2.4 or
2.5?

> Could you send me back an email as soon as you have seen it ?
> I'll stop these services in my firewall.

I've downloaded your working and not-working httpd.conf files, so
you can close your firewall (you'll see accesses from *.ukweb.com, as
well as possibly from other Apache people's sites).

To the list: I can supply the configs file anyone else wants to examine
them...

Paul
UK Web Ltd