Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mu...@sca.csc.com on 2002/02/14 10:20:56 UTC

Using Local Client API (EJB2.0) references with JBoss/Tomcat doesn't work

Hello,
I'm trying to use the Local Client API implemented by EJB2.0 spec. It allows
local references to EJB living in the same container. This is supported both by
JBoss and Tomcat. I'm running Jboss2.4.4 with the included Tomcat 4.0.1 on
JDK1.4 RC/Windows2000.

Placing the neccessary references in web.xml doesn't work. The main problem is
that I get no link between JNDI-name and the java:comp/env namespace. When
listing the context it shows no entry for ejb/CPLiveAPILocal under
java:comp/env.

==> web.xml <==
    <ejb-local-ref>
      <description>Local EJB Reference</description>
      <ejb-ref-name>ejb/CPLiveAPILocal</ejb-ref-name>
      <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>

<local-home>no.csc.portal.cp.ejbs.CPAdminAPI.CPLiveAPIHomeLocal</local-home>
      <local>no.csc.portal.cp.ejbs.CPAdminAPI.CPLiveAPILocal</local>
    </ejb-local-ref>
=======================================

However references with <ejb-ref> works as expected.

==> web.xml <==
 <ejb-ref>
        <ejb-ref-name>ejb/CPLiveAPI</ejb-ref-name>
        <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
        <home>no.csc.portal.cp.ejbs.CPAdminAPI.CPLiveAPIHome</home>
        <remote>no.csc.portal.cp.ejbs.CPAdminAPI.CPLiveAPI</remote>
        <ejb-link>CPLiveAPI</ejb-link>
     </ejb-ref>
=======================================

I'd be gratefull for comments from people of have tried this with success (or
failure) or who could point me in
the right direction!

Regards,
Morten

RE: Using Local Client API (EJB2.0) references with JBoss/Tomcat doesn't work

Posted by Loïc Lefèvre <ll...@fivia.com>.
Hi Morten,
I use the JBoss 2.4.4 / Tomcat 4.0.1 since one month and found
that the JBoss 2.4.4 version doesn't EJB 2.0 spec. You have to wait
for a stable release of JBoss 3.0 to enjoy the new features...

For now, you can use only remote and home interfaces and once the
3.0 version is stable use the local and local home interfaces.

Good luck,
Loïc Lefèvre