Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2015/06/03 20:36:40 UTC

Re: IPv6 ideas for Basic Networking

On 05/29/2015 09:59 PM, Suresh Ramamurthy wrote:
> Hi Wido,
>
> After reading your IPv6 ideas for Basic Networking, I realized that
> couple of them can be reused for Advanced Networking too.

Great! Like which parts? I guess there is a big overlap between
Advanced and Basic networking.

> We have come up with a proposal for IPv6 support in VPC and it is
> posted in wiki
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/IPv6+in+VPC+Rou
ter

>  Did you get a chance to look at it? Let me know your feedback on
> the DD.

No, I didn't, but I really should!

> I work from bay area, so I will not be able to attend the meetup
> at Amsterdam. But, I would like to have a call/chat with you to
> discuss on further details about IPv6 support.
>
> I would like to schedule a conference call with you. Would you be
> available for the call?

Yes, that seems like a good idea. I'm heading off on vacation and it
won't be until around June 20th before I'll be available.

Wido

Posted by Suresh Ramamurthy <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wido,

Parts like DHCPv6, IP6Table, IPv6 network carving, IPv6 IP allocation etc
could be reused. I proposed to implement RA in VPC Router.
This could also be reused. And, there could be few others too..

I will ping you once you are back from vacation. Right now, I am in
investigation mode. So, I might have few more details to discuss with you
by then.

Thanks,
Suresh