Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2019/01/31 18:46:38 UTC

Release managers

Calcite needs to make regular releases, and we have established a cadence of every 2 - 3 months that everyone seems to like. But to keep that running, each release needs a release manager, and finding a release manager always seems to be a chore.

I wonder if we have trouble recruiting release managers because we only ask for one at a time. How about we get volunteers for the next 5 releases? Then everyone will be seen to be doing their fair share.

Release Target date Release manager
======= =========== ===============
1.19    2019-02
1.20    2019-04
1.21    2019-06
1.22    2019-08
1.23    2019-10

I propose that frequent committers (anyone who had 2 or more fixes in 1.18 and 1 or 2 fixes in 1.16 or 1.17) should all step up and be release manager for one of the releases this year.

Julian

Re: Release managers

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Thanks for volunteering, Kevin.

Re: Release managers

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Kevin,

Re: Release managers

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.

Re: Release managers

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hey all,

I don't know if this is unusual or undoable due to permission issues as I'm no commiter.
But I'd like to offer my duties as RM.
I am not that familiar with Calcite releases but just finished my first official release for an Apache Projekt with PLC4X.

Best
Julian

Am 06.02.19, 21:00 schrieb "Julian Hyde" <jh...@apache.org>:

    Any volunteers for 1.19?

    We now have

    Release Target date Release manager
    ======= =========== ===============
    1.19    2019-02
    1.20    2019-04    Michael Mior
    1.21    2019-06    Stamatis
    1.22    2019-08   Andrei
    1.23    2019-10

    > On Feb 4, 2019, at 10:17 AM, Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org> wrote:
    >
    > Great idea. I was intending to volunteer as RM last time, but with the
    > time pressure, I didn't respond soon enough. I'm happy to take the
    > April release (1.20).
    >
    > --
    > Michael Mior
    > mmior@apache.org
    >
    > Le jeu. 31 janv. 2019 à 18:54, Andrei Sereda <an...@sereda.cc> a écrit :
    >>
    >> Release Target date Release manager
    >> ======= =========== ===============
    >> 1.19    2019-02
    >> 1.20    2019-04
    >> 1.21    2019-06    Stamatis
    >> 1.22    2019-08   Andrei
    >> 1.23    2019-10
    >>
    >> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 6:14 PM Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Release Target date Release manager
    >>> ======= =========== ===============
    >>> 1.19    2019-02
    >>> 1.20    2019-04
    >>> 1.21    2019-06    Stamatis
    >>> 1.22    2019-08

Re: Release managers

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Any volunteers for 1.19?

We now have

Release Target date Release manager
======= =========== ===============
1.19    2019-02
1.20    2019-04    Michael Mior
1.21    2019-06    Stamatis
1.22    2019-08   Andrei
1.23    2019-10

> On Feb 4, 2019, at 10:17 AM, Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Great idea. I was intending to volunteer as RM last time, but with the
> time pressure, I didn't respond soon enough. I'm happy to take the
> April release (1.20).
>
> --
> Michael Mior
> mmior@apache.org