Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Sid Subr <si...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/12 21:25:31 UTC

wire logs

I am kind of lost how to capture wire logs actually
trying to figure out what they are and how they can be
generated.

I got log4j and put it on my machine, I have a utility
to upload files. should I call log.debug("send in
what?") from this utility. read the whole user guide
could not quite understand it..

any help would be appreciated.

Re: wire logs

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Sid,

Sorry your question slipped through the cracks.  When using log4j you
need to add the following line to your log4j.properties file:

log4j.logger.httpclient.wire=DEBUG

This will set the "httpclient.wire" logger to DEBUG.  It will then write
to whatever root appender you have configured.  You can also explicitly
specify the appender using:

log4j.logger.httpclient.wire=DEBUG, APPENDER_NAME

Mike

Re: wire logs

Posted by Sid Subr <si...@yahoo.com>.