Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2022/03/11 09:02:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Any chance to release 3.2.2 anytime soon?

Hi all,
I know 3.2.1 is quite fresh, but I've found a couple of small but important misses in the recently added support for Java 8 Date / Time API [1][2], while moving away Syncope from java.util.Date.

Nevertheless to say, without these two fixes there is no way for Syncope to make things working, so I'd say we have two options there:

1. depend on OpenJPA 3.2.2-SNAPSHOT (as we're currently doing)
2. keep dependency to OpenJPA 3.2.1 but blind copy the fixed classes into Syncope source tree and remove them when 3.2.2 is out

I largely prefer option (1) but this would imply that OpenJPA 3.2.2 is released in the short term, otherwise we have no option but (2).

WDYT?
Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/openjpa/commit/f228d2c259f23fd17a328f719f2908cdc9ff6f52
[2] https://github.com/apache/openjpa/commit/a605d872e5b4d929d1f4864eba3aa8aebcee35a7

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] Any chance to release 3.2.2 anytime soon?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK you can go, pending work is done so rest can go in 3.2.3

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Thanks JB.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.