Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Giacomo Bernardi <mi...@minux.it> on 2017/06/20 15:58:37 UTC

Re: Spot Suspicious Connects Description and questions related to 'feedback' from UI to ML

Hi Brandon and all,
I'm resuming this thread to check whether any thought has already been
given to such "streaming use case".

Are you planning of somehow using streaming-LDA in that case too? Or
something different (fancy RNNs? HTM?) to model the state of each IP?

Thanks,
Giacomo

Posted by "Edwards, Brandon" <br...@intel.com>.
The idea would be to use the online optimizer: first training the model on a whole day’s worth of data to establish a model foothold, finding anomalies within that first day. From then on minibatches would be brought in (near real time) to further train the model and evaluate the most recent anomalies. Do you have thoughts on this topic Giacomo? Are you hoping to contribute?

Brandon

On 6/20/17, 10:01 AM, "Giacomo Bernardi" <mi...@minux.it> wrote:

    Thanks.
    I wasn't referring to extra time based series, but to the topic
    modelling and anomaly detection itself. So, plan is to use
    OnlineLDAOptimizer with mini-batches of the last (few?) minutes, then?

    G.

Posted by Giacomo Bernardi <mi...@minux.it>.
Thanks.

Posted by "Edwards, Brandon" <br...@intel.com>.