Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/14 19:50:28 UTC

[math] Math-Jax in javadoc?

I think we have talked about this before but did not achieve
consensus or at least never got it set up.  I am finishing the
javadoc for Kolmogorov-Smirnov tests (MATH-437) and would really
like to just embed Tex formulas in the class javadoc.  I found that
just adding an additionalparmeter element to the javadoc plugin
config in the pom works to get MathJax configured.  Then you just
use Tex escapes \( and \) for inline, \[ and \] for formulas.  If
others are OK with this, I will open a JIRA to make the pom change
and document usage in the programmers guide.

Re: [math] Math-Jax in javadoc?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure that I tested with other than javadoc:javadoc.

I also don't think that Mahout uses the site target for generating javadocs
(at least not in continuous integration).

We are only now doing our first release since making the change so I can't
say how that is turning out just yet.

Re: [math] Math-Jax in javadoc?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: [math] Math-Jax in javadoc?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: [math] Math-Jax in javadoc?

Posted by Ajo Fod <aj...@gmail.com>.

Re: [math] Math-Jax in javadoc?

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [math] Math-Jax in javadoc?

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 14/07/2013 19:50, Phil Steitz a écrit :
> I think we have talked about this before but did not achieve
> consensus or at least never got it set up.  I am finishing the
> javadoc for Kolmogorov-Smirnov tests (MATH-437) and would really
> like to just embed Tex formulas in the class javadoc.  I found that
> just adding an additionalparmeter element to the javadoc plugin
> config in the pom works to get MathJax configured.  Then you just
> use Tex escapes \( and \) for inline, \[ and \] for formulas.  If
> others are OK with this, I will open a JIRA to make the pom change
> and document usage in the programmers guide.

Big +1!

Luc