Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@bea.com> on 2004/04/10 03:41:19 UTC

Finally...a candidate distribution!

I've spent a lot of time going through the v1 sources to
remove any old references to BEA or WebLogic, as well as
dealing with licensing issues of various schemas, jaxen,
junit (now removed from the distribution) and others.
So, I think we're finally ready to go!  (For those of
you not aware of this, the v1 code has been stable for
a while, but we didn't want to call it an Apache release
until we cleaned up the legal and other items.)

I ran a build (ant dist) and posted the resulting .zip
files at http://apache.org/dist/xml/xmlbeans/.

I suggest everyone take a look at them before we start
a vote to call it an official release and post links
from our Web site.

Any comments or concerns before we call the vote?  BTW,
binding votes on this matter will come from the XMLBeans
PPMC, which includes all the XMLBeans committers plus the
XML PMC.

Cliff

Re: Finally...a candidate distribution!

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 10 Apr 2004, at 02:41, Cliff Schmidt wrote:

<snip>

> BTW,
> binding votes on this matter will come from the XMLBeans
> PPMC, which includes all the XMLBeans committers plus the
> XML PMC.

(just for any of those people out there who aren't sure of the
tradition here at apache)

this means anyone who wants to can vote but only the votes of those who
cliff mentioned will be counted and used to determine the official
result. it's nice for the committers to see lots of +1's from the rest
of the community (at the small expense of making cliff's job a little
hard ;) and sometimes a -1 (with a good reason) from a developer or
user will influence the result. so, if people want to vote, they should
feel free to do so. the usual etiquette (for those whose votes are not
binding) is to add '(non-binding)'.

- robert

Re: Finally...a candidate distribution!

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Bishop <mb...@infowave.com>.
This is great!

One minor quibble:  The UrlConnection used to download schemas has a
User-Agent property that currently has "1.0.1", it should probably read
"1.0.2"

Look in:
v1/src/typeimpl/org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java

and

v1/src/xmlcomp/org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.BaseSchemaResourceManager.java

Re: Finally...a candidate distribution!