Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/28 04:37:13 UTC

Any GUI for Cassandra database on Windows?

Hi,

Is there a GUI client for a Cassandra database for a Windows based setup?

I tried the one available at http://code.google.com/p/cassandra-gui/, but it
always fails to connect with "error: Cannot read. Remote site has closed.
Tried to read 4 bytes, but only got 0 bytes."

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/

Re: Any GUI for Cassandra database on Windows?

Posted by Patricio Echagüe <pa...@gmail.com>.
The error you mentioned sounds like one of the server/client is using
TFramedTransport and the other one TSocket. I saw the same error when that
happened.

--
Patricio.-

Re: Any GUI for Cassandra database on Windows?

Posted by Narendra Sharma <na...@gmail.com>.
cassandra-gui doesn't work with Cassandra 0.7. It could be due to thrift
version difference, api differences or default framed mode. Better to switch
to something that works for sure.

Thanks,
-Naren

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.