Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Holtzhouser <da...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/14 18:05:31 UTC

OO Design with ActionForms

I have a design question realted to developing
ActionForm classes.

I have a page where a user makes a selection that
controls the Tile that will appear within the body
of the next screen.  The two (and likely additional
ones later) screens share a common property
between them (a checkbox).  I would like to refactor
that common property into a base
class, and then create subclasses off of that type.

My perceived problem is that I am limited by the fact
that you can only declare a single relationship
between the action and the form-bean.

What are the best practices for using inheritance on
ActionForm's and does anyone
have a suggestion on how this could be implemented?

Thanks,

Dave