Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Everly <de...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/24 00:34:30 UTC

locking tags

I'm using svn-1.3.1 with apache2 (mod_auth_pam for authentication).

How do I configure the tags path so that tags may be created but
not modified?  svnbook.read-bean.com hints this is possible:

"The second approach is more paranoid: you can use one of the
access-control scripts provided with Subversion to prevent anyone from
doing anything but creating new copies in the tags-area (See Chapter 6,
Server Configuration.)"

Unfortunately, I'm somehow not finding enough bread crumbs along the way
to understand how to implement this.  Can someone please give me a hint
or a pointer to a document?

Thanks in advance.

Re: locking tags

Posted by David Everly <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all the help.  Great clues for understanding from everyone!

--
ASCII ribbon campaign:
()  against HTML email

Re: locking tags

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
There's a more sophisticated tool, called svnperms.py and svnperms.conf,
that does more sophisticated control. But the one-liner is cute, I like it.

Re: locking tags

Posted by David Everly <de...@gmail.com>.
On 4/23/06, Wesley J. Landaker <wj...@icecavern.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 23 April 2006 18:34, David Everly wrote:
> > "The second approach is more paranoid: you can use one of the
> > access-control scripts provided with Subversion to prevent anyone from
> > doing anything but creating new copies in the tags-area (See Chapter 6,
> > Server Configuration.)"
> >
> > Unfortunately, I'm somehow not finding enough bread crumbs along the way
> > to understand how to implement this.  Can someone please give me a hint
> > or a pointer to a document?
>
> If you take a look at this thread, they've got a simple one-liner to put in
> your pre-commit hook script:
> <http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-08/0556.shtml>

The one-liner does not appear to prevent checking out a tag and
adding+committing a new file to it.

Re: locking tags

Posted by "Wesley J. Landaker" <wj...@icecavern.net>.

Wesley J. Landaker <wj...@icecavern.net> <xm...@icecavern.net>