Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Viohl <tv...@nmail.de> on 2001/04/02 12:44:34 UTC

CD ROM Project, Read-only Tomcat ??

Has somebody build a CDROM Project with Tomcat?
We try to use it as a web- and servlet server on a CDROM. Now there is the
problem with the write access by tomcat (auto.conf files, log-files a.s.o.)
My questions:
1. How to stop tomcat from generating the auto-conf files in bin-directory?
2. Can I point to conf files (server.xml, web.xml) on a temp dir on harddisk
with write access?
3. Can I configure a webapp context to use files (html, gifs, xml) not under
the webapps dir (e.g. webapp on harddisk, html and gifs on CD ROM) ?

thank you for an answer

--
Thomas