Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/12/11 05:07:24 UTC

Training

working with the examples and reading:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/opennlp/index.php?title=Sentence_Detector

I've noticed the section on "Training"; Given that the models already
detect things like sentences and POS, in what circumstances would one
want to "train" the model further?

Josh

--
Twitter: @jpatanooga
Solution Architect @ Cloudera

Re: Training

Posted by Johnson J <jo...@gmail.com>.
Josh, I wrongly replied for your question.

Re: Training

Posted by Johnson J <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Training

Posted by Srivatsan Ramanujam <va...@utexas.edu>.
An example of this was given by Andrew Bredenkamp of Acrolynx at the
SAS2011. In the Penn TreeBank corpus the word "object" is a VERB 99% of the
time, but if you are dealing with the SAP corpus, in most cases it refers
to an instance of a class.

Re: Training

Posted by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Training