Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sa...@wellsfargo.com on 2015/08/27 17:59:59 UTC

Is there a way to store RDD and load it with its original format?

Hi,

Any way to store/load RDDs keeping their original object instead of string?

I am having trouble with parquet (there is always some error at class conversion), and don't use hadoop. Looking for alternatives.

Thanks in advance
Saif

Re: Is there a way to store RDD and load it with its original format?

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
You can do a rdd.saveAsObjectFile for storing and for reading you can do a
sc.objectFile

Thanks
Best Regards