Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "okmred@yahoo.com" <ok...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/01 22:29:08 UTC

The return type is incompatible with JspSourceDependent.getDependants()

All,
    We just upgraded Tomcat to 5. We have several web
apps that are on this machine. Of the several that are
there only one doesn't work after the upgrade. This is
the error we recieve when we try and bring up the
default page for the site:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error
() that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP

Generated servlet error:
The return type is incompatible with
JspSourceDependent.getDependants()

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:512)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

I am unclear as to what this really means. If anyone
could point me to something to try, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you so much.