Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/27 22:48:06 UTC

Roller persistence

I'm playing with Roller 5RC and was trying to add a few tables and
pojos for kicks. Is there any docs on the design? I see the
persistence manager stuff under planet-business. Being new to roller,
the design isn't obvious to me after spending several hours studying
it.

any help is greatly appreciated.

peter lin

Re: Roller persistence

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
thanks for confirming that.

peter

Re: Roller persistence

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having used a variety of ORM over the years, I prefer the XML myself.
>
> On most of the projects I've worked on, using XML allowed us to map 1
> table to multiple objects and the reverse. Sometimes it's useful to
> map 1 object to one or more views for convenience. Using annotations
> limits you to 1-to-1 mapping. In the case of roller, the model isn't
> that complicated, so it might not be an issue.

Interesting.

One thing is for sure: I don't have an appetite for converting the
existing XML over to annotations ;-)

- Dave

Re: Roller persistence

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.