Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/15 00:00:19 UTC

model update phase exception -> just info message

during model update phase,   a backing bean method was executed, but throwed an exception. The error message was displayed as expected, working fine. But on server side, the exception stack trace was showing up in JBoss window.

Ideally I like JSF to know the issue and display the error message, but not an exception. With validation, we can do UIInput.setValid(false) instead of using exception. Ideas?

Thanks.  Dave

Re: model update phase exception -> just info message

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Dave, it's not clear to me what you're trying to do.   Can you give a
specific example of behavior you're seeing now, and behavior you'd
like to see instead?

-Mike