Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Michele Laghi <la...@swissinfo.org> on 2003/12/01 16:24:40 UTC

vfs request for addition

Hi,
I would like to use sftp but I need to pass properties to the JSch session.

I think the right place to do that would be to add a method

protected void SftpFileSystem.prepareSession(Session);

and invoke this in SftpFileSystem.getChannel() before session.connect();

Could you add this to the code ?

prepareSession could be an empty method which people could overwrite
according to their needs. In my case I would do something like:

protected void prepareSession(Session session) {
    String addSystemPropsTxt =
System.getProperty("org.apache.commons.vfs.addSystemPropertiesToSession",
"false");
    if ("true".equalsIgnoreCase(addSystemPropsTxt.trim())) {
       session.setConfig(System.getProperties());
    }
}

If this is generic enougth it could be implemented instead of an empty
method (I would then spare me to extend SftpFileSystem).

Regards
Michele

--
Michele Laghi