Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/26 13:24:47 UTC

Ace release

All,

i think it's time to get a release of ACE out of the door. What are
other peoples ideas on this topic? I'd like to gather some feedback
and ideas right now and would try to get a release up for vote at the
end of the week.

Right now, I'd say its probably best if we just add LICENSE and NOTICE
files to the projects and use maven to release the artifacts. Not sure
whether we need to change our parent pom for using the correct
stageing repository etc. - anybody has an idea about that?

What do others think?

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Ace release

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Including ACE-137 is very much appreciated.

-D

Re: Ace release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree Marcel.

Re: Ace release

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello all,

> [...]

Again, I don't mind including things if they are done. I would rather not delay our release for features that are not yet done. We need to finally get a release out the door, with many more to hopefully follow.

> On 04/26/2011 01:24 PM, Karl Pauls wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> i think it's time to get a release of ACE out of the door. What are
>> other peoples ideas on this topic? I'd like to gather some feedback
>> and ideas right now and would try to get a release up for vote at the
>> end of the week.
>>
>> Right now, I'd say its probably best if we just add LICENSE and NOTICE
>> files to the projects and use maven to release the artifacts. Not sure
>> whether we need to change our parent pom for using the correct
>> stageing repository etc. - anybody has an idea about that?

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Ace release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Karl,

I'm agree.

As I said to Marcel, before cutting off the release, I would like:
- enhance the documentation, especially the started guide
- add a clean distribution based on Karaf (ACE-137)
- add a Karaf feature deployer (ACE-76)

Now, Felix bundlerepository and others dependencies should have been
released, so it's no more a show blocker.

I started to work on the two first points this week end. I should be
able to complete it tomorrow.

For the release itself, I think it's not a big deal to update the parent
POM to use the latest Apache one (and so have all release plugin
configuration already there, etc).

I'm gonna fix other Jira by tonight, I will keep you posted tomorrow.

Thanks
Regards
JB