Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Smith <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/05 22:44:53 UTC

SSL Root Cert install

I'm running Apache Tomcat 7 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with Java jdk
1.8.0_25. I was able to use the keytool.exe command with the -genkey switch
to create a keystore. I then used keytool.exe to create a CSR which I
submitted to an issuer and received a certificate. I have to use
keytool.exe to import the Root and Chain certificates first. I can't get
the import of the Root certificate to work. I get the error message

"keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Users\Administrator\root.cer (The system cannot find the file specified)"

Searches I do for this error seem to only net me results when people run
keytool.exe and it can't find their .keystore. Keytool.exe finds my
keystore just fine, it can't find the actual root.cer file though. I've
tried putting that cert file in the C:\Users\Administrator folder with the
.keystore file, I've put it in the Java jdk folders, I've put it in the
tomcat7 folder, and keytool.exe still can't find it. I've download the
Microsoft Process Monitor util and setup a filter to watch for any
commands/errors related to my root.cer file, and the keytool.exe process
can access the root.cer file, even though the import fails. I've modified
the -file command to use the current directory, I've passed it the full
path to the root.cer file in multiple locations, nothing is working, and
I've run out of ideas for things to try. Has anyone else seen this problem
before?

Re: SSL Root Cert install

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
On 06/11/2014 8:46 AM, "Matthew Smith" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running Apache Tomcat 7 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with Java jdk
> 1.8.0_25. I was able to use the keytool.exe command with the -genkey
switch
> to create a keystore. I then used keytool.exe to create a CSR which I
> submitted to an issuer and received a certificate. I have to use
> keytool.exe to import the Root and Chain certificates first. I can't get
> the import of the Root certificate to work. I get the error message
>
> "keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\Users\Administrator\root.cer (The system cannot find the file
specified)"

> Searches I do for this error seem to only net me results when people run
> keytool.exe and it can't find their .keystore. Keytool.exe finds my
> keystore just fine, it can't find the actual root.cer file though. I've
> tried putting that cert file in the C:\Users\Administrator folder with the
> .keystore file, I've put it in the Java jdk folders, I've put it in the
> tomcat7 folder, and keytool.exe still can't find it. I've download the
> Microsoft Process Monitor util and setup a filter to watch for any
> commands/errors related to my root.cer file, and the keytool.exe process
> can access the root.cer file, even though the import fails. I've modified
> the -file command to use the current directory, I've passed it the full
> path to the root.cer file in multiple locations, nothing is working, and
> I've run out of ideas for things to try. Has anyone else seen this problem
> before?
What are the file permissions on the certificate? Is it readable to the
user you are running the keytool with?

Re: SSL Root Cert install

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.