Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/17 23:31:40 UTC

maven-metadata.xml : release vs. latest

Hello,

what is the difference between these two tags?

Say I deploy two versions 1.1 and 1.2 in this order. What should I expect
for release and latest? My expectation would  be to see 1.2 for both.

Say I deploy 1.2 and later on 1.1. Now my expectation would be 1.2 for
latest and 1.1 for release.

Do plugins like the versions-maven-plugin or requests for LATEST in e.g.
Nexus read this information or do they use the "natural" order (1.2 > 1.1)
for getting latest?

Could someone please shed a light :-D .

Regards Mirko
--
Sent from my phone
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com

Re: maven-metadata.xml : release vs. latest

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks for the answer. And what about the plugins-section in
org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.xml? Deprecated as well?

Regards Mirko
--
Sent from my phone
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com