Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no> on 2002/02/20 14:46:58 UTC

classpath-problem??

I'm building a servlet which is accessing a dbxm/Windice database via a
separat class (loginTest.java). Connecting to Xindice means I
have to use classes contained in 'xmldb.jar' and 'dbxml.jar'.

These jar files are referenced from my classpath. Both the class
(loginTest.java) and the servlet calling it compiles ok, and can be run
from command but as I try to let the serlet create the separat class a
javax.ServletException is thrown.

The message shown is this :
   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : org/xmldb/api/base/XMLDBException.

It seems like this runtime error is due to that the servlet engine cant
find the Exception class, because it doesn't have access to the
classpath????? Where should the jar files be places and what effect will
that have on making a war-file of my application???

Probabaly a common problem???

Øyvind Vestavik

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim
oyvindve@idi.ntnu.no
41422911

Re: classpath-problem??

Posted by Christopher Chan <fe...@netfront.net>.
try putting the jar files for the database driver in the WEB-INF/lib
directory of your webapp and see if that works if they are not already
there.

Christopher