Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Francis Giraldeau <fr...@usherbrooke.ca> on 2011/02/24 06:37:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Managing Apache configuration with Augeas

Hi,

Augeas is a very precise configuration management tool, now able to
manage Apache httpd configuration files. With it, you can load the httpd
configuration within a tree structure, query it with XPath expressions
and modifications in the tree are reflected by minimal changes to the
configuration file, preserving formating and comments. Here is a quick
start to get into it:

http://multivax.blogspot.com/2011/02/managing-apache-config-with-augeas.html

Augeas is a GPL software that can be downloaded here:

Tarball:          http://augeas.net/download/augeas-0.8.0.tar.gz
GPG signature[1]: http://augeas.net/download/augeas-0.8.0.tar.gz.sig

Cheer,

Francis

[users@httpd] Re: Managing Apache configuration with Augeas

Posted by DW <xf...@hotmail.com>.

Windows binaries are not included so not good for windows users.  Can't
test it right now until at the weekend when I have the compiler handy!