Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com> on 2004/09/30 18:51:07 UTC

Defaulting client config ids

Currently we have to have a deployment plan for an EAR in order to
specify the config id for generated app clients. This is a pain and I
would like to propose a defaulting solution.

If we have a EAR file named "myApp.ear" then the configId for the ear
defaults to "myApp". We can use the hierarchical nature of URIs to nest
the client id inside this. So, for example, if the EAR contained a
client jar at path "myClient" the the configId used to run the client
could be defaulted to "myApp/myClient"

For a standalone app client, then the config should just default to the
file name as for other objects. However, we also need a server-side
config to hold the admin objects - this canbe defaulted to the configID
+ "/server" so for client "myClient.jar" the server-side configId would
be "myClient/server"

--
Jeremy

Re: Defaulting client config ids

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
I'm on it.

-dain

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Quick clarification...
>
> If parent is myApp.ear and the application.xml contains
> <java>a/b/c/d.jar</java>, do you want the clientConfigId to be
> myApp/a/b/c/d or myApp/d?

myApp/a/b/c/d to avoid aliasing problems

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
Quick clarification...

If parent is myApp.ear and the application.xml contains
<java>a/b/c/d.jar</java>, do you want the clientConfigId to be
myApp/a/b/c/d or myApp/d?

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom