Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by BELLIER Jean-luc <je...@rte-france.com> on 2018/02/21 11:53:38 UTC

Questions about data integrity in Kylin

Hello,

I was wondering about a few things :

*         When I launch a query using filters on PART_DT (from the sample model), e.g. WHERE PART_DT='2013-12-31', I get a result through the Kylin web interface, whereas it gives me a mistake in Hive and Impala, indicating an unknown type on PART_DT. Does it mean that the data are not queried directly in Hive, but through a "copy".  This couls explain why the syntax "DEFAULT.<table name> does not work in the query editor.

*         What does happen when the Hive tables are populated ? Should I resynchronize the tables or not ?

*         How is the data integrity ensured ? As far as I can notice, there is no control on data through the model creation interface; this supposes that the data are initially well-formed. So how does Kylin manage this (input mistakes, ...) ?

Thank you in advance for your help. Have a good day.

Best regards,
Jean-Luc.

"Ce message est destin? exclusivement aux personnes ou entit?s auxquelles il est adress? et peut contenir des informations privil?gi?es ou confidentielles. Si vous avez re?u ce document par erreur, merci de nous l'indiquer par retour, de ne pas le transmettre et de proc?der ? sa destruction.

This message is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail, do not disclose it and delete the original message."

Re: Questions about data integrity in Kylin

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi  BELLIER,

I suggest you reading some Kylin introduction document or slide. It
will explain how Kylin works, for example:
https://www.slideshare.net/XuJiang2/kylin-hadoop-olap-engine

With Warm regards

Billy Liu