Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Martin Bukatovic <mb...@redhat.com> on 2015/07/02 19:21:46 UTC

Re: newbie question of BigTop

Dear bigtop users,

On 06/10/2015 06:50 PM, Martin Bukatovic wrote:
> On 06/09/2015 02:02 AM, Demai Ni wrote:
>> I was expecting some tool (pdsh, vagrant provisioner) as you mentioned,
>> would do such job for end-users. But the document didn't mention such
>> tool(or I missed them?), and I got the impression that that steps 1)~3)
>> are required by manual effort.
>
> For this I use ansible playbook which suits my needs well as I have
> small testing 3 machine cluster. But this is hardly something which
> suits the needs of the bigtop project I guess.

I have published initial version of ansible playbook which sets
up and runs bigtop masterless puppet recipe as described in my
previous comment. It works with current master only (upcoming
1.0.0 release).

https://github.com/mbukatov/bigtop-contrib/tree/master/playbook

This doesn't make much sense to be included in bigtop, but
since I have seen some interest in this area here, I'm
sharing my scripts with you.

There actually is ansible module for puppet, see:

http://docs.ansible.com/puppet_module.html

but I'm not using it yet.

--
Martin Bukatovic
RHS/Hadoop QE Team

Re: newbie question of BigTop

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
This is cool Martin! Thanks.
As you know we are heavily tied to puppet.
But since this doesn't duplicate functionality but rather Provides ansible wrappers it might be useful to some folks.

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Looks cool!

Actually I've done some work on Ansible and Bigtop, but unfortunately dont
have cycles for that at this moment.
I believe your scripts are very useful for Ansible users. Eventually it
would be nice to have a native Ansible stuffs for Bigtop and Ansible users.

Thanks,
Youngwoo