Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Diego Woitasen <di...@woitasen.com.ar> on 2014/04/23 14:24:27 UTC

Memory tables?

Hi,
 I was looking at the documentation but I couldn't find the answer. Is
there a way to configure tables to be served from memory?

I've been thinking about different options, not sure what's available:

1- Memory tables clustered? So, if a node dies we don't lost the data.
2- Backed to disk, but always served from memory.
3- Is it possible to configure it table by table?

Because for some tables we want high throughtput, so if we can set a
flag for a table to be served from memory would be great.

Regards,
   Diego

--
Diego Woitasen
- Linux and Open Source solutions architect

Re: Memory tables?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I made https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1015 quite a while
back, but I don't know of anyone looking at implementing it yet.

Re: Memory tables?

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Memory tables?

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
Are you seeing a performance issue that you need to resolve?