Posted to dev@mrql.apache.org by Leonidas Fegaras <fe...@cse.uta.edu> on 2013/05/07 17:44:58 UTC

Postponing the first MRQL release

It seems that May 14 is not a feasible target day for the first MRQL
release.
We still need to 1) refactor the code to make it compliant to the
coding guidelines
and 2) mavenize the build process. We need also to announce it to the
ASF
incubator list and ask for feedback. So I am proposing the following
new target days:

May 27:   must have completed the above two changes, put a snapshot on
the web,
                  announce it to the incubator list, and ask for
feedback/corrections.
June  3:   release it

I do not have any prior experience so I would really appreciate any
feedback on what
needs to be done (which web site to use for the release, where to
announce it, etc).

Leonidas Fegaras

Re: Postponing the first MRQL release

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
P.S., http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html and
You should create and commit our KEYS file to git (root or
site/resources dir).

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Postponing the first MRQL release

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
The target dates seem reasonable from a maven-ant perspective: I am hoping
to spend some time starting next week on the same.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon