Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Maria Jose Esteve <mj...@iest.com> on 2022/05/16 07:38:03 UTC

New Interface Jewel

Hi guys, What name would you give to an iBeadView that defines a TextInput and a Button (ComboBoxView, DateFieldView,...)?
¿IViewTextButton?

Hiedra

RE: New Interface Jewel

Posted by Maria Jose Esteve <mj...@iest.com>.
Hi, I have made the changes. [#1197]
I don't think it will cause errors in current user implementations, I have tried to make it compatible (both for usage and extension). I have compiled TDJ and the operation of the ComboBox and DateField controls is as expected.
If anyone sees any problems with the implementation or thinks something should be changed let me know.

I think this compatibility should be temporary (I have marked as /* deprecated */ the code) but you'll have to tell me how you deal with these situations....

[#1197] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/pull/1197
- New Jewel IInputAndButtonView interface for the views of controls composed by a textinput and a button.
Implemented in Jewel ComboBox and Jewel DateField.
- New generic "Disabled" and "ReadOnly" beads for controls implementing the IInputAndButtonView interface.
For compatibility, temporarily, they have been kept:
     * ComboBoxDisabled, ComboBoxReadOnly and DateFieldDisabled beads.
     * The previous properties "textInput" ('I' uppercase) and menuButton in the DateFieldView bead.

Hiedra

De: Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com> Enviado el: martes, 17 de mayo de 2022 12:13
Para: dev@royale.apache.org

Looks like textInput and button are all the bead requires and both are defined in IComboBoxView. Personally, I think it's ok for DateFieldView to implement IComboBoxView.

        > What name would you give to an iBeadView that defines a TextInput and a Button (ComboBoxView, DateFieldView,...)?
        > ¿IViewTextButton?

My purpose is to unify beads of type "ComboBoxDisabled", "DateFieldDisabled", ..., into one (they share all the code except for the reference to the view)

Hiedra

There is a similar "IComboBoxView". Sorry

Hiedra

RE: New Interface Jewel

RE: New Interface Jewel

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.