Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nikita Tovstoles <Ni...@Sun.COM> on 2005/08/02 00:35:12 UTC

SAXException while deserializing

Hi,

I'm getting the following exception while running a J2SE 1.5-based web
service client:

SAXException
- Could not convert java.util.HashSet to bean field 'rackSystems', type
java.util.Set
- Exception:
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could not set Class
demolab.simdatacenter.common.TemplateLibrary Field rackSystems to value
[[Ljava.lang.Object;@dc57db, [Ljava.lang.Object;@b02efa,
[Ljava.lang.Object;@9ced8e] - Exception [Ljava.lang.Object;
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanPropertyTarget.set(BeanPropertyTarget.java:149)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializerImpl.valueComplete(DeserializerImpl.java:249)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializer.valueComplete(ArrayDeserializer.java:583)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializerImpl.endElement(DeserializerImpl.java:509)...

SOAP Fault is:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could not set Class
demolab.simdatacenter.common.TemplateLibrary Field rackSystems to value
[[Ljava.lang.Object;@dc57db, [Ljava.lang.Object;@b02efa,
[Ljava.lang.Object;@9ced8e] - Exception [Ljava.lang.Object;
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could not set Class
demolab.simdatacenter.common.TemplateLibrary Field rackSystems to value
[[Ljava.lang.Object;@dc57db, [Ljava.lang.Object;@b02efa,
[Ljava.lang.Object;@9ced8e] - Exception [Ljava.lang.Object;
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could
not set Class demolab.simdatacenter.common.TemplateLibrary Field
rackSystems to value [[Ljava.lang.Object;@dc57db,
[Ljava.lang.Object;@b02efa, [Ljava.lang.Object;@9ced8e] - Exception
[Ljava.lang.Object;
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanPropertyTarget.set(BeanPropertyTarget.java:149)\

The relevant method is:

(TemplateLibrary) public void setRackSystems(Set<RackSystemModel> rsms) {
        this.rackSystems = rsms;}

and rackSystems is:
private Set<RackSystemModel> rackSystems = new HashSet<RackSystemModel>();

HashSet implements Set, so I am not sure what the problem is... Are 1.5
features used here confusing Axis?

thanks
-nikita