Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Elodie Tasia <e....@ever-team.com> on 2002/04/03 14:46:03 UTC

Tomcat with Slide as webapp

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat with Slide as webapp. In the CATALINA_HOME/webapps/webdav/WEB-INF directory, there is a web.xml file.
I uncommented these lines, as it was said in Tomcat's documentation :

 <!-- ================ Security Constraints for Testing =============== -->

  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>The Entire Web Application</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>Tomcat Supported Realm</realm-name>
  </login-config>

  <security-role>
    <description>
      An example role defined in "conf/tomcat-users.xml"
    </description>
    <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
  </security-role>
</web-app>

But where can I find the complete documentation abou it ?
What describes the tag security-role ?
What would be a correct configuration, not just for testing ?

Thanx in advance

Re: Tomcat with Slide as webapp

Posted by Elodie Tasia <e....@ever-team.com>.

> >CATALINA_HOME/webapps/webdav/WEB-INF
>
> That's got nothing to do with slide, it's the WebDAV-Servlet that comes
with
> Tomcat AFAICT.
Ok, so, what must I do if I want Tomcat to use Slide ? I already put the
slide.war it its webapp directory, but I don't know how to configure it
correctly.

Re: Tomcat with Slide as webapp

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hello Elodie,

>CATALINA_HOME/webapps/webdav/WEB-INF

That's got nothing to do with slide, it's the WebDAV-Servlet that comes with
Tomcat AFAICT.

>But where can I find the complete documentation abou it ?
>What describes the tag security-role ?

The web.xml file is the standard "deployment descriptor" for Web-Applications
since version 2.2 of the Java-Servlet specification. Nothing Slide-specific
about it. I really recommend you look at some general literature on the topic
(i.e. J2EE/Servlets/JSP).

-chris
 /=/ cmlenz at gmx.de