Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2019/02/04 10:34:20 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans parent pom 1.0

The vote end with the following result:

There is 4 +1 vote
Details:
 3 +1 vote (in ppmc)
  Emilian Bold, Antonio Vieiro,Eric Barboni
  1 +1 vote (not in ppmc)
Jose Ch

There is no 0
There is no -1

Thanks for voting
I will create a IMPC voting thread soon.

Regards
Eric

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

On 19/02/2019 02.23, hanasaki@gmail.com wrote:
> Maybe consider A="netbeans-parent"  In the absence of OSGI, "parent" is
> common and ambiguous across multiple projects.  Example: I have been on
> projects that ended up with transitive dependencies of multiple
> "utility.jar" from different groups.  While less likely with a parent,
> IMHO still a collision risk and [projectName]-parent does give context
> in debugging.

The Maven artifactId netbeans-parent is fine so this is not an
issue. Furthermore, this being a pom artifact which only is used by
Maven during a build, there is no ambiguity nor transitive dependency
problem.

Posted by "hanasaki@gmail.com" <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.

RE: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans parent pom 1.0

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,
 It's ok for me. I hope that others part of the pom are correct. I will prepare a new parent.

 I will also refactor the mavenutilities to follow the rules (package were from codehaus and need change anyway, and coordinate).

 For the Apache NetBeans artefacts, RELEASE90,RELEASE100 as they will be served by maven central instead of bits.netbeans.org/maven2 it may also be the time to change the group id.
 The fact that RELEASE90, and RELEASE100 are also not as complete as RELEASE82 by the fact that code donation is done in phase is "kind" of backward incompatible, and it can be also nice to make transition a bit burden for user of mavenized items

Best Regards
Eric
Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Will do the modifications.
and then propose PPMC vote

For the NOTICE it's my fault I'm thinking artifact as parent of Apache NetBeans and by the way NetBeans,  but in fact it's to be seen as standalone and new element.

I do the folder update alongside a new release preparation (artefact NOTICE shortened)
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans-mavenutils/apache-netbeans-parent-1/

Thanks for the advise
Regards,
Eric