Posted to user@struts.apache.org by kg...@hss.hns.com on 2003/04/30 15:18:44 UTC

struts1.0.2 with weblogic 6.1 sp4

Hi,

I am using struts 1.0.2 for my web application. I am running it in weblogic
6.1 sp4 web container.

I am having problem with servlet mapping. In my struts-config.xml file, I
have following entry:

 <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources</param-v
alue>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>config</param-name>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>detail</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>validate</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

I am getting HTTP 500 error when it tries to send a request to
http://localhost:7001/myapp/login.do

Have anybody faced similar problem?

What can be the problem?

Thanks for you help in advance !

- Khyati

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.

Re: struts1.0.2 with weblogic 6.1 sp4

Posted by Melissa L Kelley <st...@stuology.net>.
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 kgondhiya@hss.hns.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using struts 1.0.2 for my web application. I am running it in weblogic
> 6.1 sp4 web container.
>
> I am having problem with servlet mapping. In my struts-config.xml file, I
> have following entry:

This could just be a typing mistake, but this should be in your web.xml
file, not in your struts-config.xml file.

>  <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet</servlet-class>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>application</param-name>
>
> <param-value>org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources</param-v
> alue>

Did you deploy the example application, or do you really have your
ApplicationResources.properties file under the package
org.apache.struts.webapp.example?

> I am getting HTTP 500 error when it tries to send a request to
> http://localhost:7001/myapp/login.do
>
> Have anybody faced similar problem?
>
> What can be the problem?

That is an internal server error, so look in your logs. You can do this
with Weblogic through the console. The default location of the logs is in
a directory called logs under your domain directory.

--> stu: www.stuology.net
It just no longer is plain simple safe fun
when it's the psycho chimp that has the ray gun