Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by POck Karaya <su...@hotmail.com> on 2012/09/04 18:52:30 UTC

How to migrate VM existing ?

Hello . I'm so interest in Cloud computing and now i try to deploy cloudstack in my University in thailand but now i have some problem with.I want to migrate VM instance from host to another host.Because i want to enable maintenance mode the first host that have VM instance existing.What should i do now ? Thanks for your advice.

Re: How to migrate VM existing ?

Posted by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com>.
Both hosts are in Cloudstack, right?  Both hosts are in the same Zone, Pod, and Cluster, right?  If that's the case, then there's two easy ways to go about this.  First is to simply manually migrate the VMs to the host you'd like to use.  You do this by going in the Cloudstack Management GUI, click on Instances on the left hand column, click on the instance you'd like to migrate, then click the little cross-arrows icon (see below)

This will prompt you for a host to move it to.  Select the host and it will move.

The other option if you are using HA, is just put your host in to Maintenance Mode within cloudstack, this will migrate any Vms that are currently running on that host to another host.