Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by David Geary <sa...@tri-lakesonline.net> on 2000/06/25 18:40:16 UTC

Formatting Errors with

I would like to be able to format error messages, which is currently not
possible with <struts:errors>. It would be nice if <struts:errors> could
be used like this ...

<struts:errors>
</struts:errors>

... where error is a scripting variable. For those who don't want to
bother with formatting error messages, it would be nice if the tag
worked as it is currently implemented when the tag does not have a body.

I have modified <struts:errors> to do just that; the files are attached
to this e-mail. It works fine except for the error header and footer,
which do not get printed when the tag is used with a body (only the
errors are printed). Unfortunately, I don't see a simple solution to
printing the header and footer when the tag has a body. Perhaps someone
else does.

david