Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/21 02:11:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] Should we do a 2.2 release?

Since we have the others going out and we do have some bugfixes there.

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we do a 2.2 release?

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.
> Should we also do a 2.1.18 release as a final cut and end commits to the
> cassandra-2.1 branch? I'm sorry I hadn't thought about this sooner.

Meh? There is nothing major in there. That said, if we want to just
say "that's it for 2.1", I guess we could do another.

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we do a 2.2 release?

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
Yeah, the number of users running 2.1 was part of my concern, and if
we're happy to maintain 4 actively supported branches, along with trunk,
I think that's fine.

A 2.1.18 release with the few fixes committed in cassandra-2.1 will at
least be an opportunity to get RPMs rolled up for users in all branches.

I appreciate the feedback.

--
Michael

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
+1 what Jeff said.

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we do a 2.2 release?

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Site says:

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.